For Online Shop and Ticket Sales
Welcome to the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead Online Shop website terms and conditions for use. These terms and conditions apply tothe use of this website at tickets.windsor.gov.uk and set out the entire agreement between you and us and supersede any and all prior terms, conditions, warranties and/or representations to the fullest extent permitted by law. By accessing this website and/or placing an order, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Unless otherwise stated "We", "RBWM" and "us" refer to The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Council and "You", "Your" and "Customer" refer to the person purchasing as a consumer.
Using this website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us or order from us. If you do not accept these terms, do not use this website.
The tickets.windsor.gov.uk website is managed by the tourism department of the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead.
Our contact details are as follows:
Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead, York House, Sheet Street, Windsor, Berks, SL4 1DD.
Royal Windsor Information Centre, Old Booking Hall, Windsor Royal Shopping, Thames Street, Windsor, Berks, SL4 1PJ.
Terms and conditions 1 to 16 inclusive cover orders for all types of goods; terms and conditions 17 refer specifically to event and attraction ticket sales.
- You will be able to access most areas of this Website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of this Website are only open to you if you register.
- We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should check this Website from time to time to review the then current terms and conditions, because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Website. If you do not wish to accept any new terms and conditions after we have given notice, you should not continue to use this Website.
- ORDERING FROM US
- You are deemed to place an order with us by ordering via our online checkout process. As part of our checkout process you will be given the opportunity to check your order and to correct any errors. We will send you an order acknowledgement, detailing the products you have ordered.
- By completing and submitting the electronic order form you are making an offer to purchase goods which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. Please note that completion of the online checkout process does not constitute our acceptance of your order.
- Our acceptance of an order takes place when we despatch the order. We will send you a despatch confirmation by email. When we despatch the order, we will be confirming our acceptance of your order, even if your payment has been processed immediately, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled your order. All products that you order through the Website will remain the property of RBWM until we have received payment in full from you for those products.
- We may refuse to accept an order: (a) where goods are not available; (b) where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment; (c) if there has been a pricing or product description error; or (d) if you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our terms and conditions.
- All methods of payment are processed immediately.
- All prices are in sterling pounds and include VAT (where applicable) at the current rates. We reserve the right to express the price exclusive of VAT, but we shall show VAT separately and include it in the total price.
- Where we charge separately for packing, carriage and insurance and other relevant charges, the appropriate rates are set out in our specified pricing structure shown elsewhere on this Website. Packing and carriage are charged for separately. Please refer to the Delivery Process page for details of timings and fees for postal and electronic deliveries.
- Our prices are reviewed periodically.
- DELIVERY PROCESS
- All items are sent by Royal Mail. Please refer to the
- page for details of delivery schedules and prices.
- CANCELLATION AND RETURNS POLICY
- You can return goods you have ordered from us for any reason for a full refund or exchange. The goods must be returned to us within 28 days of purchase. The costs of returning goods to us shall be borne by you.
- Upon receipt of the goods we will give you a full refund of the amount paid or an exchange credit as required.
- The rights to return the goods to us as referred to in clause 5.3 will not apply in the following circumstances: - The goods have been damaged by you or are not in their original state. Tickets for events and attractions are non-refundable (see section 17 below) The provisions of this clause 5.4 do not affect your statutory rights.
- You are permitted to print and download extracts from this Website for your own use on the following basis: (a) no documents or related graphics on this Website are modified in any way; (b) no graphics on this Website are used separately from accompanying text; and (c) any of our copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
- Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by us or our licensors. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, any use of extracts from this Website other than in accordance with clause 6.1 above for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in these terms and conditions, your permission to use this Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from this Website.
- Subject to clause 6.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
- SERVICE ACCESS
- While we endeavour to ensure that this Website is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
- VISITOR MATERIAL AND CONDUCT
- Other than personally identifiable information, which is covered under Data Protection, any material you transmit or post to this Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. We will have no obligations with respect to such material. We and our nominees will be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use such material and all data, images, sounds, text and other things embodied therein for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes.
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any material: (a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; (b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; (c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or (d) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
- We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of clauses 8.2 or 8.3.
- LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- Links to third party websites on this Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave this Website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this Website, and subject to the following conditions: (a) you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead logos; (b) you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this Website; (c) you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services other than our own; (d) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us; (e) you do not otherwise use any Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead trade marks displayed on this Website without our express written permission; (f) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and (g) your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations. We expressly reserve the right to revoke the right granted in this clause 9.2 for breach of these terms and to take any action we deem appropriate.
- You shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage we or any of our group companies may suffer or incur as a result of your breach of clause 9.2.
- To register with the tickets.windsor.gov.uk online shop, you must be over eighteen years of age.
- Each registration is for a single user only. We do not permit you to share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network.
- Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you and if you know or suspect that someone else knows your password, you should contact us immediately.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
- While we endeavour to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. We may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
- The material on this Website is provided "as is" without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provides you with this Website on the basis that we excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for these terms and conditions might have effect in relation to this Website.
- We, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), and any of our group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this Website, any websites linked to this Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Website or your downloading of any material from this Website or any websites linked to this Website.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
- You agree to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the terms and conditions by you, or your use of this Website, or the use by any other person using your registration details.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- All contracts of sale shall be conducted in English. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- We do not warrant that materials/items for sale on the Website are appropriate or available for use outside the United Kingdom. It is prohibited to access the Website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful. If you access this Website from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
- Only the parties to these terms and conditions may seek to enforce them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL
- We will not be liable to you for any breach of the Contract or where there is any delay in performing our obligations due to any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. Without limitation, examples of causes beyond our reasonable control include explosions, floods, tempests, fires or accidents; wars or threats of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance; any new laws or regulations that are introduced; any trade embargo; strikes or other industrial action; difficulties in obtaining materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery; power failure or breakdown in machinery.
- DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE
- RBWM uses reasonable efforts to ensure that this Website is free from viruses and other malicious or harmful content. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this Website (including any content on it or any website accessible from it) will not cause damage to your computer or other device. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the right equipment (including antivirus software) to use the Website safely and to screen out anything that may damage or harm your computer or other device. Except where required by applicable law, we shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage they suffer as a result of viruses or other malicious or harmful content that they access from or via the Website.
- THE ROYAL WINDSOR INFORMATION CENTRE (RWIC) TICKET BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after an order is placed (significant changes being a change of headline act (concerts only), venue, show time or if an attractions is closed unexpectedly for any reason).
- If an event is moved from its advertised venue and/or the date is changed, tickets already purchased may remain valid should the customer wish to attend the revised event. If not, RWIC will refund the face value of the tickets only when the ticket holder requests and returns the tickets before the event has occurred. RWIC will notify all purchasers by phone, email or in writing (using the details provided at the time of ordering) to advise on the validity of the tickets and the procedure for obtaining a refund. Refund requests will usually be accepted up until 1 week prior to the revised event, or 3 days after notification of the change (whichever is the later) unless otherwise notified. In the event of a change at short notice (within 1 week of the event) RWIC will notify purchasers of the conditions that apply, and offer a refund if these are not agreeable. Please note, however, it is the customer's responsibility to check whether the event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue, and RWIC cannot guarantee that they will inform the customer of any changes to the event date, time or venue.
- If RWIC is unable to fulfill an order for any of the reasons below the customer will be entitled to a full refund, including any booking fee charged:
- RWIC do not receive the tickets for your order from the event organiser or attraction, and cannot arrange for the tickets to be collected
- RWIC dispatch your order to the wrong address and cannot provide replacement tickets
- RWIC do not dispatch your order and do not arrange for the tickets to be available for collection
- RWIC dispatch the wrong order, i.e. wrong event / wrong type of tickets
- Any other similar circumstances where RWIC has acted with negligence or where we may have acted in breach of contract
- No duplicate tickets will be issued to replace lost or stolen tickets.
- Customers are advised to check their purchase upon receipt.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to inform RWIC of any change of address, contact phone number or email address, both before and after receipt of the goods. Please note that our preferred method of contact for customers booking online is by email, so care should be taken to provide a current, valid email address.
- The right to admission to an event or attraction is reserved by the promoter and event venue or attraction, who may take health and safety, environmental and security concerns into account at their reasonable discretion, and may from time to time carry out security searches. RWIC would advise customers that no refunds will be offered to customers who are refused entry or ejected from a venue or attraction on account of late arrival, being (or appearing to be) under age*, declining to be searched, abusive, threatening, drunken or other antisocial behaviour (including smoking in no smoking areas), carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, or making unauthorized audio, video or photographic recordings.
* Events and ticket types where an age restriction applies are clearly indicated during the booking process. Please ensure that you read all the information that applies to the event/ticket you are booking, and carry proof of age if appropriate.
- If it becomes impractical to post tickets out, due to the proximity of an event or circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to make tickets available for collection at the venue or attraction immediately prior to the event. Customers will be notified by phone, email or in writing (using the details provided at the time of ordering) if this becomes necessary.
- By ordering you agree that the tickets are for the personal use of you and your party only, and will not be resold or transferred. Any resale or attempt to resell the tickets at a price higher than purchased will result in your orders being cancelled without prior notification.
- If tickets that are dispatched are returned to RWIC as "addressee unknown", we reserve the right to cancel the order. - In order to prevent fraud and to protect both parties, you may be asked to provide additional information after your booking so that we can verify your purchase.
- On some ticket sales RWIC reserves the right to limit the amount of tickets available to the individual booker. Tickets are purchased from the Royal Windsor Information Centre, a unit of The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.